Nuisance Odor Complaint

The City of Kenmore has extended the cooperative odor complaint agreement with Puget Sound Clean Air Agency another year. During this year there are two ways to file an odor complaint.


To file an odor complaint:

  1. During business hours: Call City Hall at 425-398-8900 to have a trained employee respond.
  2. During non-business hours: Log onto Puget Sound Clean Air Agency’s website at, and click on file a complaint

Odor complains will only be responded to at residences and place of business.   


Please have the following prepared to complete a statement:

  1. Be ready to complete a non-anonymous statement when the inspector arrives on site.
  2. The statement will need to contain what is witnessed, location, and most importantly how the odor has unreasonably interfered with the enjoyment of life and property.
  3. Upon completion of the statement and observation, the source of the odor will be further investigated to identify the source.


After the report is complete it is forwarded to Puget Sound Clean Air Agency.  Puget Sound Clean Air Agency will handle enforcement and penalties as needed.

Last updated: Wed, 09/06/2017 - 9:57am